About Me

In the quiet moments at the end of the day, when so much fills your mind and emotions overload your heart, this is the space where I free those thoughts and let them take over These are the thoughts of love and life, joys and frustrations, things I've learned, and my life's failures. In black and white.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

my head is swimming with thoughts

I got married 10 days ago and although most of my house has been cleaned up, little bits of the wedding, wedding planning items, wedding bills, wedding gifts and cards are still lingering from table to shelf to fireplace mantle. 

As the days go on, I am going to attempt to share with you everything that was happening during the whole thing.  I wanted to blog as I went along during the process, but it seems as though when I am in planning mode, writing just takes a back seat.

In the meantime, let me tell you....I am IN LOVE with my new toaster.  I chose it (I really don't think the new hubby cared what the new toaster looked like as long as it toasted his bagels for breakfast) because I really like Breville's Die cast  four slice smart toaster.  Can we say I am in toast heaven?

I gingerly took the new toaster out of the box, careful not to scratch the brushed stainless steel as I peeled away the styrofoam protection.  It was beautiful.  We chose the model that makes four slices side by side versus two slices per side.  We thought it would be easier that way to make a single slice if need be.

I plugged it in and the LED lights glowed a soft whitish blue light.  It turns itself off after 30 seconds, but if you choose to, you slide control from levels one to five and that same soft white light will travel from level one to wherever you set it as your toast browns gently inside its' belly.  Wow.  Oh, but the best part, you put your slice of toast into the toaster and push the toast button, and get this, it gently gets lowered into the toaster as it gets warmed to your preferred toast-y level. 

There are some options that just tickle me with delight, and one of those buttons is the "lift and look" button.  If you're not sure if your toast is where it should be, hit the button and the toaster will gently lift your toast up so you can take a peek. If it is to your desired liking, then just hit the toast/cancel button and the process is done!  There is a button marked "a bit more" allowing for a bit more browning.  There are the usual buttons such as defrost and bagel, which are always nice options on a toaster.

*sigh* what can I say about my new toaster?  I love it.  I had to inaugurate it with the oh-so-delicious Fairmount Montreal bagels (a staple since I lived in Montreal for 7 years and I buy dozens and dozens at a time upon my return). The one thing I miss about my old toaster....the sound it makes when the toast pops up.  Then again, I could get used to a small beep while watching my toast gracefully rise to make it's entrance onto the breakfast scene.  Yup, I can totally get used to that.

No comments: