About Me

In the quiet moments at the end of the day, when so much fills your mind and emotions overload your heart, this is the space where I free those thoughts and let them take over These are the thoughts of love and life, joys and frustrations, things I've learned, and my life's failures. In black and white.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Dear Jhames

Dear J,

it has been years since you were taken from me, and yet this morning, when I awoke, I found my leg drifting over to your side of the bed, seeking warmth.  I despise mornings that begin that way. 

I muddled my way through the morning ritual (I can no longer call it our morning ritual) and find myself here now, getting ready to walk out the door with my coffee and keys in hand.

I miss our morning kiss.

Stay safe, wherever you are.

k

No comments: