About Me

In the quiet moments at the end of the day, when so much fills your mind and emotions overload your heart, this is the space where I free those thoughts and let them take over These are the thoughts of love and life, joys and frustrations, things I've learned, and my life's failures. In black and white.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Mendelssohn's March

I am trying to figure out our wedding music.  I knew that this was going to be difficult (and I'm sure that writing my vows will just about kill me).

My fiance (I am currently choking on that word) and I, are not your typical wedding people.  But like typical wedding people, we want to make our day a very special and personalized one.  Hence, no Mendelssohn's March for this girl.

I've been searching through all of my CDs, MP3s and even my LPs, for those of us who actually know what they are and still own some. I don't listen to mainstream music, and neither does my MTB (mate to be? man to be?).  That makes things even more difficult.  He's a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.  Just kidding.  And if you are old enough to remember that line....well, if that wasn't mentioned on an episode of "Friends" and "googled" afterward, I don't think I'd know it either. 

We have our first dance song chosen.  I listened to music for hours and hours until I thought one more note would push me over the edge. I compiled a list of 5 songs that I thought best reflected our two personalities, passed them on to my HTB (husband to be?) and ta-dah!  We had our first dance song. 

Cocktail music was easy;  a little Wynton, Miles, Coltrane, Mingus and of course who can leave out Sarah Vaughan?

But what about walking down the aisle music?  I know what we're walking out to once we're married.  It came to us in the car, just a flash after having our dinner and wine tasting.  We broke out into peals laughter when we first came up with it, but there was no disputing it.  That was going to be the FIRST song we wanted to hear as we are announced as husband and wife.

*sigh*  It may be a long night of music.  I best pull out the bottle of wine, light some candles, and pour myself a celebratory shot of Patron for when it comes to me.  I know it will....I hope it will...

No comments: