About Me

In the quiet moments at the end of the day, when so much fills your mind and emotions overload your heart, this is the space where I free those thoughts and let them take over These are the thoughts of love and life, joys and frustrations, things I've learned, and my life's failures. In black and white.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Dearest k

Dearest k,

How is everything up north?  It is really hot down here.  Up in the high ninety's during the day, and near 100% humidity.  So far it has just been a lot of crap.  We stand around, spend a lot of time in the barracks, change uniforms, and then go stand somewhere else.  These first few days are just in processing, taking care of personnel and medical issues.  We start training in 2 days and it should be better then.  We had to all get physicals today. I was almost disqualified because of my blood pressure.  It was measured at 115/42.  I don't know anything about it, but I hear that's pretty low.  I told the medic that I was jut really relaxed, but he didn't seem to believe me.  Oh well, I got by. 

How are you doing?  I was kinda worried about you after last weekend.  I hope everything is working out okay.  Just please don't do anything rash!  I would hate to see you make a mistake.  I don't want to sound like a nag, but I just don't want anything bad to happen to you.  No matter what you might think, or my numerous letters in the past would indicate, I do care a great deal about you.  I would really like for you to be as happy all the time as you were when you were chasing the plover on Ocracoke.  You are too nice most of the time.  Don't take any crap from anybody (except me of course), especially not C.  Don't let him yell at you anymore.  Decide what you want from him, and then firmly tell him how it's going to be! Be firm!  Be tough!

I've gotta go now, I have to make rounds of the barracks.  I'm on fire guard right now.  These barracks are a serious firetrap.  If one ever caught, it would go up in a heartbeat.  So, we keep someone up throughout the night, rotating in 1 hour shifts.  Every twenty minutes or so, you have to walk around the barracks and make sure there is no fire and that everyone is in their rack.

Feel free to write me here.

J

No comments: