About Me

In the quiet moments at the end of the day, when so much fills your mind and emotions overload your heart, this is the space where I free those thoughts and let them take over These are the thoughts of love and life, joys and frustrations, things I've learned, and my life's failures. In black and white.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Dearest J

My dearest,

your mother sent me a card and I received it in the mail today.  She thanked me for forwarding on the photos that I had of us together during these last few months, and even some of our vacation pictures from years back.  She had not seen them before and was delighted when she saw the photo I took of you, when we were at your place in New York.  Remember the one when you were dancing around the living room with those ridiculous mittens on your feet?  God, we laughed so hard that night, tears were streaming down our faces and then the inevitable popcorn fight ensued.  It took me forever to clean up all the bits and pieces that night. I think I still found some kernels months after the war was over.

I know how you feel about writing to your family during this time, but dearest, your mother is so worried.  She is just concerned about you.  Please just send her a quick letter when you can?  Or write a letter to me that I can share with them.  I'm sure she would be pleased just to hear of the mundane details of every day life.

How are you my darling?  Did you receive my package yet?  Sometimes they get there sooner than others.  I hope you like the things that I put into the box.  Each one was deliberately chosen and placed.  Please don't be homesick by it.  It is meant to liven up your spirits.  Oh yes, I did include a magazine or two.  Feel free to share them with the other guys.  I doubt that there is a shortage of reading material but I thought those might be in need...if you catch my drift *wink*.

I miss you today as much as I did yesterday and as much as I did the day before.  That won't change.  I am however keeping the smile on my face knowing that Christmas is lurking around the corner, and you will at least have a week and a half here with me!  I plan on cooking all of your favourites you know.  And yes, since we could not celebrate your birthday together this year, for dessert we will be having pumpkin pie and pineapple upside down cake.  It's a birthday tradition.  How can I not bake one just for you, my love?  Oh my god, remember that time we left the pumpkin pie on the kitchen counter and K**** somehow managed to eat it ... but just in the inside????  The crust was left perfectly in tact!!!  How could a golden retriever manage to leave the light flaky crust completely perfect but eat every single last dollop of pumpkin filling?  Poor darling had the biggest tummy ache the next day but I'm sure she thought it was worth every last bit.

Stay safe my dear heart.  I have so much I want to do over the holidays, but none of it will happen.  We will have a small family dinner, and then I want you all to myself.  Do you think we could do that?

You have my heart.  Bring it with you when you come home.

always,
k

No comments: